Inspirations: What Inspires Me?




I draw inspiration from many things but in the last recent years, I found myself drawing a lot of inspirations from my parents and from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

My parents inspire me because they keep me grounded I guess. Since I was born and grew up in this american society, I was taught by television and media that if I can dream it, I can make it and that happy endings are quite possible but that is not true. It was a very cruel awakening you could say as I grew older and realize that those stories on TV and movies are just stories. My parents kept me grounded by telling me how hard they work and forcing me to get a job to see how hard it is to even earn a single dollar in America. It was an eye opening and they inspire me to not just study hard in school but to keep always give myself a reality check from time to time because if I allow myself to float too far up, I'll forget to come back down to earth. They might not be the best parents in the world or the most flawless teachers but I can't imagine a day when I don't see them berating me about something. They inspire me by keeping me grounded and even though I have given them many chances to be done with me, they keep trying to protect and care about me.

                                        


My second inspiration is from the book, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and it's not because of its romantic nature. I found inspiration in the words of the character especially Augustus Waters because I share the same fear as he. The fear of oblivion and that no matter what I do, it will all just disappear in the void eventually. Yet the book inspired to believe that although one day, everyone is destined for oblivion it is gonna be okay and that life is good. I should focus on the idea of oblivion on my life now because each moment of my life is ticking by and I should be spending it meaningfully instead of worrying about the void.

"There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does."

It also made me realize that the world is not a "wish granting" factory and that even if you are worry about hurting people you love and care about. People had the choice to feel pain and even if you try to push them away cause you think that will save them. It will not change anything. The book affected me very spiritually because although I do not have cancer, I can relate to the idea of thinking that by being alone I am saving people from the pain of being close to me but I forget that they had a choice of being my friend and just because I am so afraid of being hurt, I shouldn't allow that fear to rule my life. I have great friends and family members.

"You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers.” 


Okay. Bye ouo

                                               

PS. gifs/trailer/image do not belong to me but respective owners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Updates

- new template ^^

Meet The Author