Emma by Jane Austen

Hi guys, I'm back because I had to do an assignment for class which is:
Post the image of the book cover in the post.Write whether or not you think the design is successful in capturing the book's main idea, mood, storyline, etc. If you have more than one book cover, state why one is better than the other.
So the book I decided to do is Emma by Jane Austen and it is one of my all time favorite books. I swear  Jane Austen was the romanace writer of her time. Pretty much before TV shows existed to ruin your lives, there was Jane Austen. 


Okay now I shall give you some background on the book before I tell you why I like it. 
Emma has long played matchmaker for her friends and believes her own heart immune from the lures of love. This is a fascinating, hilarious coming-of-age tale of one woman seeking her true nature and finding true love in the process.

After searching the internet, I really like this cover the most out of all the covers cause I think it really captures the essence of the novel because the novel is not a bloody or dark novel but a novel that is about romance and a young woman's journey to finding love. So I really loved the beautiful colors on this over which is rare for a Jane Austen book because many covers are covers that look like the artist photocopied a painting from old European paintings. Also I think it is nice they only had one woman on the cover because the story is about one woman's journey and personal growth so that is why I also liked this cover.

Okay bye. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Updates

- new template ^^

Meet The Author